The Library maintains a unique system of cuttings from leading Pakistani newspaper clippings from 1955 to date on various national and international political, social and economic issues. The Library of the Institute also maintains complete bound volumes of the various leading newspapers from 1947 till present to facilitate research.
Books, Periodicals and Documents
The Library maintains a rare collection of books, periodicals and documents, which includes material relating to the pre-Partition era, rare speeches and encyclopedic materials.
Some of the rare periodicals are:
- The Comrade, 1911, 1912, 1913; Edited by Muhammad Ali Jauhar
- Hamdard, 1913, Edited by Muhammad Ali Jauhar.
- Al-Hilal, 1912-1914, Chief Editor: Abul Kalam Azad.
- Al-Balagh, 1915-1916, Chief Editor: Abul Kalam Azad.
- Tehzib-ul- Akhlaq, 1312-1313 Hijra, Edited by Sir Sayyid Ahmed Khan.
- Commonwealth, 1917, Edited by Annie Besant.
Rare documents include:
- Balochistan District Gazzetteer Series (12 Volumes Set)
- Annual Administration Reports of the Balochistan Agency (1920-1940) and other Rare Books. Third Phase (27 Volumes Set)
- Kandahar News Letters (1883-1905), (10 Volumes Set)
- Balochistan Confidential Diaries (3 Volumes)
- Report on Quetta Earthquake of 31st May 1935
- A speech delivered by Ghazi Mustapha Kemal: President of Turkish Republic, October 1927
- Census of India, 1921
- The Founders’ Constitution (Volume 1- 5)
- Keesing’s Records of World Events 1931- 2015
- Encyclopedia of Religions and Ethics (Volume 1-12)
- World Mark Encyclopedia of the Nations
- The Canadian Encyclopedia (Volume 1- 4)
- The Encyclopedia of Islam
- The Encyclopedia Americana (Volume 1-30)
- The New Encyclopedia Britannica (Volume 1-30)
- Encyclopedia International (Volume 1-20)
- Great Soviet Encyclopedia (Volume 1-10)
- Lexicon Universal Encyclopedia (Volume 1-21)
- Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences (Volume 10- 15)
- Grolier Encyclopedia (Volume 1-15)
- Encyclopedia of New China
- Encyclopedia of China Today
- Collins World Encyclopedia
- Penguin Encyclopedia